Glucosamine hydrochloride is an amino sugar that occurs naturally in the human body. It forms an important substrate in the connective tissues lining the intestinal tract and the musculoskeletal system.
Tissue components made from glucosamine are durable and dispersed throughout the body. Glucosamine Hydrochloride is the preferred alternative to the sulphate form and delivers a higher concentration of glucosamine.
Features of Glucosamine Hydrochloride:
- Glucosamine is a key component of synovial and bursal fluid, connective tissues, ligaments and tendons;
- Glucosamine helps support the immune system and is a component of some enzymes;
- Glucosamine is a component of mucous membranes lining the digestive, respiratory and urinary tracts;
- Glucosamine encourages the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut;
- Magnesium ascorbate provides a buffered, low-acid form of vitamin C, a nutrient required for collagen and tissue repair;
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
This is part of the Informed Sports Approved Product Range from BioCare.
Informed Sports Approved Range
The Informed-Sport programme allows athletes and those involved in sport to choose products that are rigorously tested, batch by batch, for WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) banned substances to ensure that they are safer to use. BioCare® has tested four important supplements (One a Day Vitamins & Minerals, Glucosamine HCL, Vitamin C 1000 and Bio Acidophilus Forte) for these banned substances and have been accredited with the Informed-Sport Logo.